Keller talks to a potential voter at the schools annual “Democrafest.”

Treasurer: Max Keller

Max Keller comes into the race of Treasurer after being immersed in economics and student government. Keller is the president of Parker’s Investment Club, an Online Editor of “The Weekly,” and a Curriculum Committee Head. Keller believes that he is not only the best qualified for the position, but also thinks he can bring real change to the student body, change-making he’s already practiced by brining back the school’s “project week” in his time serving in Student Government.

“I have wanted to be treasurer ever since my first plenary in 8th grade,” Keller said. Keller learned how participatory budgeting works and the ins-and-outs of bringing positive change to Parker. “I saw that the only real way to get instantaneous results was through participatory budgeting. And I’m all about making a change in the most effective and impactful way for the student body.”

“One of my main points is my interest in finance,” Keller said. Keller is the only candidate in this race with any experience managing institutional funds. In addition to his work in the school, Keller is a proud member of the Junior Economic Club of Chicago, an exclusive organization that hosts seminars and work shops for high schoolers interested in the world of Finance. “Those seminars and that club have taught me important skills that I will use as the treasurer of Parker, said Keller. “One of these skills I’ve learned is drafting a budget, which makes me very unique to my opponents.”

Keller also said that those skills will help him create a positive relationship with the Business Office, who he has worked with previously.

“With all of those things, combined with my experience at the school, I can be the best treasurer for you in the 2022 2023 school year.”

The Parker Weekly • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in