Treasurer: Daniel Silets

“I believe the office of Treasurer has stagnated,” junior and Treasurer candidate Daniel Sielts said. Along with his Rice- Krispies-making skills, Silets comes into the treasurer race with experience as a committee head and a dedicated student. “I really want to bring a lot of change to the position. But I also like continuing the traditions that I and the student body love.”

Silets has been walking around his neighborhood with signature sheets since he was a child. “My entire family and I are really invested in community service,” Silets said.

Silets wants to bring his service experience to Parker’s student government. “I want to raise the budget by fundraising. I believe that we should take matters in our own hands and fundraise for a higher budget.” Silets explained that those fundraises would include bake sales, petting zoos, and lemonade stands.

“I’m definitely a people person,” Silets said. He expressed how he would be able to talk with the student body and have meaningful conversations with them. “Connecting with the student body is the best way to bring improvements to Parker.”

“Making Participatory Budgeting and other events more accessible to the student body will accelerate change,” Silets said.

Silets made it clear that he is running for the people as he wants to make sure every person can make change. “I think that the treasurer position can facilitate a lot of change, and I think that I am the best person to bring that change.”

The Parker Weekly • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in