Isaac+Warshaw

Isaac Warshaw

Presidential Candidate

A player on the tennis team, member of the DEI taskforce, and concert band musician, junior Isaac Warshaw is also a self-proclaimed “outsider” to Student Government.

“I decided to run for President because I want to make Student Government the kind of place that I would have liked it to have been when I was a freshman or an eighth grader,” Warshaw said. “I think, for most people, it’s very boring, unengaging, and people only want to be on their phones…I want to change that into a place where people actually want to be engaged and feel confident to join.”

As President, Warshaw hopes to reform the Small Groups system into one that is more engaging and productive. “I don’t think Small Groups are very effective,” Warshaw said. “I’ve never been to a Small Groups that’s done anything. Maybe that’s just bad luck. Maybe it’s because I have a ‘W’ last name so I always get put in the last one. I don’t know. But I just want to improve on that.”

When speaking about the current Presidency Warshaw said, “I think that Annette’s made the schedule clear, and I just want to improve clarity and build-off of that so that students know what’s going on so they don’t feel left in the dark.”

Warshaw hopes to make Student Government a forum where students can be more involved, represent student interests in efforts to engage the administration, more effectively communicate Cabinet’s progress with the Assembly, and foster an environment where all can feel safe and respected.

The Parker Weekly • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in