Alex Schapiro

Alex Schapiro

Goals: 

• Make the budget more transparent by hosting and updating a public Google Sheet.
  • Ensure that what is passed in PB will actually be purchased.
  • Hold monthly discussions with the business office to ensure that Student Government budgeting is going smoothly.

Junior Alex Schapiro was the treasurer for FWPMUN, maintains an active investment portfolio, and is a current Senate head and Parker Model UN captain. According to Schapiro’s platform, he “regularly uses a Student ID when entering and exiting the building.”  

If elected Treasurer, Schapiro plans to make the student government budget more transparent, reform participatory budgeting, and improve Student Government’s relationship with Parker’s business office. “I feel like I am a pretty outgoing and approachable guy,” Schapiro said. “I will make sure I am easily accessible for all students who want to be involved in Student Government.”

Schapiro wants to make sure that the Student Government budget use is maximized by the student body. He feels he has a strong relationship with Parker’s business office, one he formed during his time as FWPMUN Treasurer. He believes this relationship will help him succeed as the Student Government Treasurer and help future Treasurers have the same success.   

Schapiro is also committed to helping committees understand and utilize their full budget to ensure a successful year. “I also would work with the DCA to expand the committee budget,” Schapiro said. “This would include alerting committees who are significantly under budget that they still have capital to use—allowing them to plan creative programs they otherwise might not have planned due to a lack of funding.”

The Parker Weekly • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in