Julia Auerbach

Julia Auerbach

Goals: 

• Share a Google Doc of the evolving budget to the student body to increase transparency and ensure student approval. 
  • Calculate the Senate’s budget based on the previous month’s average attendance, with a minimum of $60 per week. Offer $2 dollars per attendee based on the average of previous month’s weekly attendance.
  • Work with the DCA and committee heads to empower committees and establish effective budgets for each committee—ensuring the student body funds a diverse range of initiatives. 

Junior Julia Auerbach was Student Government Secretary her freshman year, making her the only freshman during the 2017-18 school year to serve on Cabinet. Auerbach was Parliamentarian her sophomore year, and served as a Board of Trustee representative as well as a Social Justice representative her junior year. Outside of Student Government, Auerbach is a board member of Feed First – the University of Chicago’s Food Pantry and served on the FWPMUN secretariat as USG-Information. 

Auerbach believes that without a Treasurer with a strong understanding of the budget, Student Government is not able to work at its greatest capacity. “I believe that the budget is the most important aspect of Student Government,” Auerbach said. “Without an efficient budget, there would be no way for Student Government to achieve its goal.”

Auerbach would like to change the way that Senate’s budget is allocated. She belives that each week the Senate should have a minimum budget of $60, with any additional money based on the attendance of previous Senate meetings. According to Auerbach’s platform, she would like to allocate $2 per person based on the previous month’s attendance average. 

According to Auerbach, she works well with others, so she can help turn student ideas into realities. “I know how to turn people’s ideas into actionable items,” Auerbach said. “My goal is to ensure that the Student Government ‘treasury’ is being used to its greatest potential.”     

The Parker Weekly • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in