Pau Ponders….

Who is Pau?
Pau+Ponders%E2%80%A6.

Hey guys! I’m super excited to start my column this year! As a member of the Parker community since 6th grade, I’ve seen how thought-provoking columns can be, and I’m confident this column will match those of previous years. 

On distribution day, I remember racing to the column page to read the creative theories and stories. The personality of each columnist always rang through those yearned-after pages, and I hope to provide the same experience. 

Now, a little bit about me… My name is Pau Maset Josa – and no “Maset” is not my middle name. To answer the question I’ve been asked already about two million times, I have two last names because that is the Spanish custom. I was in born in Barcelona, Spain and moved to Maryland when I was around two. I grew up in Maryland and moved to Chicago five-ish years ago. I’m a Virgo, a proud Spotify listener (Apple Music…Where’s your Spotify wrapped @?), and a huge Shirley Temple fan. You may have seen me roaming the halls, the stage, or in Ms. Abood’s room working on “the Record.”

I want this column to resonate with all my readers, as it’ll speak on all the current and pressing issues at Parker, or random ideas I ponder. As with all columns, this one will constantly change. I may decide to answer questions focused on more personal matters, whereas other weeks, it may focus on school matters (ex: another major school threat, senior traditions, cafeteria food, student gov, etc). 

Since this is my first column of the year, I think it’s fitting to comment on our new administration. A bright new year begins at Parker, and it’s only right to be met with a new administration! As all students know, the administration is constantly changing no matter the time of year.

This year, however, I hope that won’t be the case. Head of Upper School Cory Zeller, while in a new position, is a veteran at Parker and has been constantly aiding her students from day one. I’m a little biased, as I was previously part of her advisory, but I know that she will do an amazing job at pushing Parker forward, keeping the health of the students and faculty on the forefront of her mind. I don’t know about you, but I was thrilled to read her name at the bottom of the first Upper School email. 

Moving on from the extraordinary work yet to be done by Ms. Zeller, sadly, it’s time to close this first column. I’m so grateful to have you all accompanying me through my senior year and I cannot wait to see how it goes!

Till the next q, 

Pau 

P.S: If anyone has any questions I can attempt to answer, please feel free to reach out!