Level the Playing Field 1

2015 Fall Sports Season Preview

Cross Country:

Captain and junior Will Polsky guides a co-ed group of runners looking to make a splash this fall. Although they lost six seniors, the remaining bunch is confident they can compete. “This year we have a couple of freshmen coming in,” Polsky said, “and we are excited for them to gain valuable running experience.” Coached by teachers Andrew Bigelow and Martin Moran, the team hopes to place in State this year.

Field Hockey:

Led by Coach Holly Palin and senior captains Emily Saturno, Rachel Hartman, and Rebecca Ross, the girls’ field hockey team tries to fill seven holes of graduated seniors. Palin runs a field hockey camp for the incoming freshman players to meet their new teammates, helping the team bond before the season starts. With the injection of young talent, the girls look to go above and beyond this fall.

Golf:

Senior captains Jake Miner and Joe Reinisch lead a group of young men into what is looking to be an exciting season. “Our team is very new to high school golf this year” Reinisch said, “so we will try to gain experience under our belt for the future.” He will try to make it back and look to make an even further run into State this year.

Soccer:

The boys’ soccer team looks to carry over success from past years into the current season. After finishing third in the State tournament two years ago, the team moved up to Class 2A due to all the victories. Having failed to place last year, the Varsity side hopes to make a deep run this year. With Coach Neil Curran at the helm again anything is possible.

Tennis:

Led by captains senior Eliza Reinisch and junior Katherine Leonard, the girls’ tennis team will try to place first in the Independent School League (ISL) after placing third just a year ago. Although it has lost two starters, the squad has three incoming freshman who look to create positive results. The roster is full of talent, and the girls look to win many matches this season.

Volleyball:

The girls’ volleyball team heads into a rebuilding year. With a new coaching staff and four out of six starters not returning, the squad faces an uphill climb. “We lost a lot of good players last year so this year will be hard but fun,” Junior captain Leigh Logan said. “I love a challenge.” Logan and her co-captain, senior Taylor Thompson, look forward to developing their underclassmen for the future.