From Set to Our Stage

Millie Bobby Brown Presents at Parker

Actress and author Millie Bobby Brown recently paid a visit to Parker. Through the Chicago Humanities Festival, Brown came to the Auditorium to speak about her new book, “Nineteen Steps,” a story about Nillie, a girl living in London during World War II, who experiences tragic loss while enduring the horrors of the Holocaust. Throughout this time in her life, she becomes an adult and finds love. 

The book is based on stories Brown’s grandmother told her as a little girl. “I was really happy to put all those stories onto paper so I could really immortalize my grandmother’s stories and her presence,” Brown said during an interview on Good Morning America. 

Brown has been successful beginning with her first role as Alice in “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” at the age of nine. Since then she has had many film and television roles, and she struck gold with her part in the series “Stranger Things,” playing Eleven. She also found joy in telling stories of her own. 

The Chicago Humanities Festival is a non-profit organization that hosts openings, lectures, concerts and films throughout the city. Its relationship with Parker dates back over thirty years, and in that time there have been a large handful of successful visitors. For example, Queer Eye’s Bobby Berk visited on October 21, and on November 4 Henry Winkler spoke about his life experiences.