Trump Rally Takes Surprising Twist

Event Helps Republican Students Come Out

Trump+hosts+one+of+his+recent+campaigns+ralies+at+Parker.+

Photo credit: Elena Holceker

Trump hosts one of his recent campaigns ralies at Parker.

The month of March was full of many successes, like the many times Parker succeeded in getting Eugenia Cheng to return to the school, but one of the most important and talked about successes was Donald Drumpf coming to Parker to discuss his policies and his podium. Yes, he came to a March Morning Exercise with his own podium, emblazoned with his slogan “Make Donald Drumpf Again.” The black Parker podium just didn’t quite do it for him.

Upon his entering the auditorium, many students pelted the candidate with pencils, shoes, and their iPads, (since the students knew they could just get a new one replaced at the tech office if necessary, and most students never use their iPads anyways). Donald Drumpf was not fazed. His hair created a suitable helmet and his spray tan a nice coat of armor.  

When Drumpf came up to his podium he said, “Let’s make America great again. The badgering from Drumpf protesters went on quite a bit, until protesters were removed. Knowing Parker is a widely democratic school, Drumpf had quite a bit to say about the Obama administration.

“An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office,” Donald Drumpf said.And told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”

With the rowdiness of the students, the security for Drumpf decided it was best for protesters to leave. This left six in the auditorium. And around three teachers.

Somewhere in between “Build a wall,” and “Rosie O’Donell is a pig,” a small, trembling voice was heard in the audience. Charlie Moog stood up and repeated words rarely admitted within the walls of Parker: he is a republican. And almost like a chain reaction, five other students started to confess the same thing.

“It was such a freeing experience,” a student said about coming out as a republican.It was something I thought I would never be able to do, but once I finally did, it was such a big release.

Once the students left the rally, they were left with not just a sense of relief, but also a sense of urgency. This sense of urgency was used to make the Drumpf Affinity group, in which students that supported Drumpf could talk about what it is like to do so in a Democrat-dominant school like Parker. Their leaders meet once a week to discuss these hardships.

“The club is for talking about the challenges people have to go through everyday to be a Drumpf supporter,” Moog, one of the Drumpf Affinity group leaders, said.It is important that we support this small band of people.”