Mean Girls Debut

Upper School musical begins 4-day run
Photo credit: Cameron Routenberg

On Wednesday, March 13 at 5:00 pm, Parker will debut Mean Girls The Musical in the auditorium. The musical will also be performed on March 14 at 7:00 pm, March 15 at 7:00 pm, and March 16 at 1:00 pm for a run time of approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The 26-person cast has spent over 100 hours in practice and rehearsal over the last three months to make this production the best it can be. On Monday, March 11, the cast and crew gave the Middle School and Upper School a sneak peek of the show at a Morning Ex, performing songs like “A Cautionary Tale,” “It Roars,” and “Meet The Plastics.” This preview got the school excited for the upcoming performances because, as Gretchen Wieners would say, it was “so fetch.”

At the end of the sneak peak, the cast and crew got a surprise message from Tina Fey, the writer and producer of the original Mean Girls movie that came out in 2004. Fey wished the cast good luck, or rather “break a leg!”

Uma Morris who plays Ms. Norbury in the musical, the role originated by Fey in the original movie, says that she has “really enjoyed getting to know all the cast members.” At first,  she was nervous about how the timing of everything would play out and if the cast and crew would finish the musical on time, but now she feels “really good about what they’ve created these past three months.” 

Sejal Ahuja who plays Regina George in the musical explains that “the musical has been such an amazing experience.” Just like Morris, Ahuja says that she’s “made so many great friends!” 

Plan that you arrive around 15 minutes early so you don’t miss a second of this amazing production. The cast would like to encourage the whole community to come to a performance and remember, “on Wednesdays we wear pink!”